Rutland In a few short days, the greater-Rutland area will do something extraordinary. Whether the Gift-of-Life Marathon Blood Drive breaks the national record on Dec. 18 or not, donors will help save hundreds of lives and positively impact thousands of recipients’ friends and families.
For many, donating blood at the GOLM has become a holiday tradition, but for others, due to the crowds, fear of needles or inertia, the blood drive just isn’t on the radar. Here are 100 reasons to call 800-RED-CROSS and make an appointment today.
1) You will help save a life.
2) 60 percent of people need blood at some time.
3) Barely 5 percent ever donate.
4) Honor a lost loved one.
5) 50 percent more Red Cross staff this year!
6) Impress your friends.
7) It costs nothing.
8) Pay it forward.
9) It’s a party!
10) Show the needle who is boss.
11) Great gift bags.
12) One pint can help three people.
13) It’s the right thing to do.
14) Free blood pressure test.
15) It’s selfless.
16) Free day of rock climbing.
17) Show how tough you are.
18) Support cancer patients.
19) Free Long Trail pint glass for folks over 21.
20) Accident and burn victims need blood.
21) You could be part of a national record.
22) Build your self-esteem.
23) Free parking in the state garage.
24) Cute phlebotomists!
25) Bond with other donors.
26) Prove you have a heart.
27) Great food.
28) You’ll help someone you’ll never know.
29) It’s virtually painless.
30) Free box of Westminster Crackers.
31) Someone needs blood every six seconds.
32) Blood can’t be manufactured.
33) Help make Rutland famous!
34) Ensure holiday blood supply.
35) Makes a great Christmas gift.
36) Lose 2 pounds!
37) Reduces risk of heart attack.
38) Free candy from Vermont Country Store.